Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wiring

I should have started the wiring while I waited for wheels that were on back order but I had path in mind on the build order and stuck to it instead. By the time I got to wiring it was middle of summer and hot, hot work in the garage especially since I wanted to solder all of my splices.

I used a dash wiring kit and an electrical control system from a company named I Squared. Great products both of them. I had hoped to leave enough extra length on the dash connections that I could pull it off of the frame if needed. That did not work out quite like I wanted due to more wires to the dash than I had as available quick disconnects.

A quick look with the dash installed:

And this is the main power controller (shown in the photo below) that talks to the small communications box behind the dash (shown in the above photo). Tie straps were just temporary during wiring layout.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: