Sunday, July 20, 2008

Battery Box

By design Factory 5 has the battery installed in battery box located in the trunk. It is strapped down and secured with the battery cables run through the aluminum and protected by grommets. I did't like the idea of the battery taking up trunk space and decided to build my own battery box. Vendors sell pre-fabricated aluminum battery boxes for about $100 but I figured for 1/4 that I could make my own.



The catch was that it took me a fair amount of time to measure, cut, and assemble the aluminum angle iron and sheets to the tune of about 8 - 10 hours. This was where I decided to cover some of my scratches by swirling the aluminum with a drill and 3" sanding pad. Little did I know that I would like the look enough to end up swirling the entire trunk.

The two holes shown at top get grommits and there are four holes in the rear to allow for some cooling.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: